Thursday, February 24, 2011

COLLEGE FOR ALL:PATTY BARAJAS

A word that best describes my family is caring because they care that I need to make it to college. My community is very dangerous because there is a lot of shooting and killing in Oakland. In my school there is a lot of education, however it has violence around it. Some opportunities I have in my community are education, playing soccer, and spending time with good people and friends. One major is issue is the fear that my family is constantly in danger in the community we live in. I am afraid because of the violence and gangs in Oakland. I hear that so many people are being killed by so many gangs. I fear that something might happen to my family and they wont be able to support me. I like my community but i kind of afraid of it because every time i walk or go to a place i always hear an ambulance. That’s why i always fear around my community.  
Some aspirations or dreams I have are to go to college to help my parents with whatever they will need. I want to be a professional soccer player and hope to play on a college team. I also want to be a nurse so that I can help others be healthy and have a good life. In college I want to learn how little kids develop down syndrome and autism. I want to study about down syndrome and autism because my brother has syndrome and autism he got it when he was 6 months old. My family was very scared because we thought that he might die. But know we have him do different things to help him develop himself. When we walk him some people stare at him like if he was a stupid kid not being like others. I’m proud that my brother, i don’t care if people think bad of him. My mom hire these two people to help my brother in what he needs to improve on.I think that my brother will improve and move on because i belive in him.I chose this because I want to accomplish my dreams and to make my family proud in the future.
College means to me, having a great career. College relates to my family by everyone going to college and being successful in my life. College will connect to my family because we all need to be someone in our lives and I want to help my parents the way they helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment